Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Cheesecake Cookie Bars

I made this for my family's New Year's Day dinner last night and have yet to have it with my family. It looks pretty good so far. I love how I test things with my family first. They're kind of like my lab rats! I hope it all goes well.

Ingredients:
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 cup flour
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/3 cup butter, melted
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
2 tbsp milk
1 tbsp lemon juice
 1 tsp vanilla
Fresh Strawberries, for garnish, if desired (I'm using raspberries, the strawberries looked awful!)

Directions:
Mix brown sugar, flour, pecans and melted butter. Reserve 1/3 cup crumbs and press remaining into an 8" square pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare filling. Blend cream cheese and sugar well. Beat in remaining ingredients until smooth. Pour evenly over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Return to oven and continue baking for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until set. Once cooled, cut into squares and then diagonally to make a triangle shape. Garnish with fresh strawberry halves, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment